At the beginning of the New Year, we are trying to look back for a moment and admit that we did not notice what a fruitful and meaningful year this has been –
* We dispatched the largest delegation of shlichim in the last decade.
* We reached out to new communities
* We held an amazing seminar in the Netherlands in cooperation with the WZO and thanks to the Department for Diaspora Activities for their fruitful and deep cooperation.
* We had cooperation with Hashomer Hatzair all over the world.
* In light of identification with the positive processes that are taking place in Europe, we held a number of seminars this year.
* We built a new educational department that is still being developed and renewed.
* We held a seminar on the subject of Hebrew and Jewish Peoplehood at Oranim College and the wonderful team there, in cooperation with the Education Department of the World Zionist Organization, which stands by us.
* We held a memory project in cooperation with the Department for Diaspora Activities. It was fascinating and we emerged with new insights.
* We held a historical leadership seminar, already preparing for a future seminar, which was deep and enriching and thanks again to the Department for Diaspora Activities that we are all together in a momentum of activity.
* We conducted tours for the ulpanim in cooperation with the Education Department of the World Zionist Organization.
* We nearly doubled the summer ulpan participants.
* We sent shlichim who will deal with contents of the kibbutz movement and Habonim Dror movement. The impact of their work on the ulpanim system which has budget difficulties is already evident.
* We have recruited a creative media rakaz through whom we can reach out to each and every one of you.
* We cooperated with foundations to help countries in distress.
* We have built a project that is a renewal of our work in cooperation with the Kibbutz Movement and the Department of Education of the World Zionist Organization for a Hebrew delegation to countries around the world, including scholarships for students.
Wishing us a year of fruitful and meaningful activity.
Techale shana ve’klalotea, tachel shana u’birkotea
Happy holiday and a happy new year!
Written by Shiri Madar,
Executive Director Habonim Dror